The Malta Citizenship Investment Scheme known as the Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) is aimed at ultra high net worth individuals. Individual investors must make a minimum contribution of €650,000 to the national development fund set up by the government, invest €150,000 in government approved financial instruments and commit to a residence in Malta for a minimum of 5 years. The property value for purchased real estate needs to be a minimum €350,000. Each family member also has to contribute a sum to the development fund of €25,000 each. The benefits after one years’ residency are citizenship and a Maltese second passport. This in turn grants European citizenship and the ability to live, work and study anywhere in the EU.
- Contribution of €650,000 to Government Development Fund
- Additional contribution of €25,000 per family member
- Further €150,000 investment in approved instruments
- Minimum property purchase of €350,000
- Citizenship and passport
- Citizenship for future dependents
- Freedom to live, work, study throughout Europe
There is no doubting the significant benefits of the Malta Individual Investor Programme. However this is for very high net worth clients and investors and their family will need to invest typically €1.2 million upwards to obtain citizenship.