UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
On this visa you can set up, run or take over a business in the UK. To be eligible to apply for this visa you should have access to over £200,000 which you intend to invest in a British company or business.
- Validity of initial visa 3 years.
- Further 2 years extension after you have:
- Have created two full-time jobs within the company, where either you employ two full-time employees or one full-time employee per year of operation.
- The money that is required has been invested in British business.
- You are allowed to spend a total of 180 days outside the UK annually and still be eligible to apply for Indefinite
- Leave to Remain indefinitely upon the completion of 5 years of residency in this category.
- Usually, after spending 6 years in the UK, you are eligible to apply for British citizenship & passport.
You may also apply in a team of two entrepreneurs, as long as access to the investment funds is equal to all partners. If the two partners wish to apply for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa at the same time, then they have to use the same funds and both should be able to pass the English language and maintenance requirements.
UK Tier 1 Investor Visa
You must have at least £2,000,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
- be 18 or over to apply for this visa
- be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner
- have opened a UK bank account
Your funds must be:
- held in one or more regulated financial institutions
- free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK
Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply.
- invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies
- work or study
- apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
- apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million
- invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development
- work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
- get public funds