The citizenship by investment programme for Antigua and Barbuda provides a second passport to investors offering visa-free travel to over 130 countries including the UK, EU Schengen zone and Canada. There are several options for investment to gaining citizenship in Antigua. Investors can choose to contribute $200,000 to the Antigua National Development Fund. They can invest $1.5m in establishing a business ($5.0m for two or more investors) or the most popular option, to invest $400,000 in a government approved real estate project which must be retained for a minimum of 5 years.
There are fees and taxes to pay in addition. Applicants must be of outstanding character, in good health and with no criminal record. There is no requirement for an interview for the Antigua citizenship programme and in fact there is no need to travel to the country to complete the application. There is a requirement to reside in Antigua for a minimum period of 5 days during the first five years when the investment must be maintained.
- Children and dependents up to age 25 can be included (subject to restrictions)
- Investment of $400,000 in real estate
- Or investment of $200,000 into development fund (or $1.5m in business)
- Dependent parents over age 65 can be included
- Visa free travel to over 100 countries
- Administration fee from $35,000
- Government processing fees of $25,000 for a family of four (NDF) or $50,000 for a family of four (real estate)
- Due diligence fees and passport fees apply per person
- No tax on worldwide income
* Costs are for guidance only. Please contact us for a specific family quote.
The Antigua and Barbuda programme is one of the newest citizenship investment programmes available to investors. Processing of applications is quick, usually a second passport is obtained within 4-6 months.