Citizenship by investment in Dominica is available through two options. The first is by making an economic contribution (donation) to the country under the government’s investor visa programme. The second option available since January 2015 is through real estate investment.
Dominica has become one of the most affordable and flexible second passport programmes available. Until 1993 it was not possible to gain Dominican citizenship without residing in the country. The Dominican government changed that with the Economic Dominica Citizenship programme whereby the need for residency to gain citizenship was waived. Applicants making such a contribution are granted full citizenship for themselves and their family allowing visa free travel to over 118 countries including the UK and the EU Schengen zone.
- Choice of Real Estate investment or Donation
- Donation of $100,000 single applicant ($200,000 full family)
- Application fees apply.
- No requirement to reside in Dominica.
- Children included up to age 30.
- Dependent parents over 55.
- Citizenship is granted for life.
- 60-90 days processing time.
- Second passport – visa free travel to 118 countries.
- Real estate investment option from $200,000 (introduced January 2015).
Donation to Government Fund
The most affordable way to Citizenship in Dominica is through the contribution option. This starts at just $100,000 for a single applicant plus fees, or $200,000 for a family of four.
Real Estate Investment
Investors can now invest in property in Dominica to gain the citizenship. The required real estate investment of $200,000 is lower than citizenship programmes in neighbouring St. Kitts and Antigua.