The citizenship by investment programme for Grenada is one of the newest programmes available to investors. The Grenada investment visa programme provides second citizenship in Grenada and a passport to investors offering visa-free travel to over 70 countries including the UK. Although providing less access than other similar citizenship programmes such as Antigua, St Kitts and Dominica, Grenada does offer a low investment threshold. Grenada is one of only 3 Caribbean countries with access to the USA E2 treaty investor visa. Applicants need to invest $350,000 in a government approved real estate project and maintain the property investment in Grenada for at least 4 years. There are fees and taxes to pay in addition. Applicants must be of outstanding character, in good health, of high net worth and with no criminal record. There is no requirement to visit for an interview for the Grenada citizenship programme and in fact there is no need to travel to the country to complete the application.
- Children and dependents up to age 25 can be included (subject to restrictions)
- Investment of $350,000 in real estate
- Dependent parents over age 65 can be included
- Visa free travel to over 100 countries ( now including EU Schengen zone)
- E-2 USA visa treaty allows citizens with substantial business to reside in USA
- Applicant, Government and due diligence fees apply (Approx $125,000 family of 4)
- No tax on worldwide income
- Fast processing in around 4 months
- No country restrictions (includes Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria)
The Grenada programme is one of the newest citizenship investment programmes available to investors. Introduced in 2013 it offers a low cost entry for a second passport. Grenada is the only Caribbean programme with no country restrictions. All applicants are welcome but subject to strict due diligence checks.
The E-2 treaty ‘Investor Visa’ signed between Grenada and the United States allows citizens of Grenada to operate a substantial business in the U.S.